There are many wonderful recipes that can be found on the web and here’s a fine example that was discovered on the Aurora Importing website. We think it’s a keeper!
- Allessia Yellowfin Tuna 3 x 85g pack
- 1 cup of Aurora Bread Crumbs 227gr
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Allessia Balsamic Vinegar 500ml
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons of Allessia Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml
- Prepare a flat plate with 1/2 cup breadcrumbs on it. Set aside.
- Open and drain the oil from two of the cans of tuna, retaining the oil from the third can.
- In a bowl, mix together the three cans of tuna, eggs, vinegar, onion and remaining 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- When well combined, measure out two tablespoons of the mixture using a measuring spoon or small ice cream scoop. Form into a patty shape.
- Place the tuna cake onto the plate with the breadcrumbs and coat the outside. Set aside. Continue this process with the remaining mixture until all the tuna cakes are complete.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. In batches of three or four cakes, brown both sides of patties in the olive oil, about four to five minutes each side.
- Remove the tuna cakes to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve hot.
About the Author: Laura D’Amelio
Laura is an Italian-Canadian writer and editor with 12+ years of experience, freelancing for Canadian and international publications. She is currently eating, and writing, her way through her family’s Italian recipes. She also explores Italian-Canadian lifestyle articles, photos and recipes at http://www.anitaliancanadianlife.ca which was was featured as one of Lidia Bastianich’s Favourite Blogs and won third in the 2012 Canadian Weblog Awards. Enjoy!