by James Belardo
1 Acorn Squash, halved
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Wash and cut the acorn in half lengthwise from stem to tip. Scoop out the seeds and the stringy membrane.
3. Score with a sharp knife 1 in square
4. Coat surface with melted butter
5. Add salt, black pepper, natural sugar and cinnamon.
6. Drizzle with Molasses
7. Place in baking pan with about 1/4-inch of water
8. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 1/2 or until flesh is is soft and the edges browning. Cook it well, so the flesh becomes soft throughout.
9. Remove from oven, spoon the settled liquid onto the exposed flesh