Broccoli and Carrots – Steamed
by James Belardo
A quick, easy, and healthy way of cooking vegetables are to steam them.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1-2 carrots. sliced
- Lemon, juice (freshly squeezed)
- Olive Oil
- Unsalted butter
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
1. Wash and cut the broccoli and carrots as desired, place in steaming basket.
2. Bring water to boil and steam the broccoli and carrots (covered) for about 5-minutes or until desired tenderness is reached (we like ours a bit crunchy).*
3. Toss the broccoli and carrots into a bowl, add a splash of lemon juice, a splash of your good olive oil, a dab of unsalted butter and finally, the salt and pepper (to taste).
Hint: You can save the water that was used for steaming and use it for soups or other dishes that need water while cooking.
The Grape Gourmet
• health • wellness • culture • flavor •