Zio’s Browning Sauce (Beef)
by James Belardo
When a recipe calls for a bit of color and recommends a ‘browning sauce,’ we usually add a commercial product. There are a few different sauces available and the commercial sauces can be very helpful. We recommend making your own sauce because it enables you to control the quality of the ingredients which will also make it healthier.
1/2 cup natural sugar
1 teaspoon organic molasses
1 cup beef stock (preheated)
1. In a small pot, preheat the beef stock.
2. In a separate small pot, on low to medium-low, heat the sugar until browned (5-10 min).
3. When heated sugar begins to become a dark brown, slowly add the preheated beef stock and mix continuously as mixture thickens.
4. Remove and let cool down, store in the fridge
The Grape Gourmet
• health • wellness • culture • flavor •