Linguini with Tuna and Olives
Linguine con Tonno e Olive
by James Belardo
Here’s an offshoot of out Linguini with Tuna and Black Olives dish IThe prep is rather quick, so it’s a great choice for a pasta dinner during the work week.
9+ oz. Tuna (or use fresh tuna)
1 medium sized onion
2 or 3 cloves garlic
2 anchovies (minced)
1/2 – 3/4 cup Italian (Calabrian and Sicilian) green olives (a mix of La Bomba and Stracciatella preferred) – hand-pitted
1/4 cup capers
Flat Leaf Parsley – fresh
1 cup White wine (Pinot Grigio preferred)
Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
salt and Pepper
Italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs
Linguine, fettuccine or Spaghettini
1. While cooking the pasta, preheat 3 tablespoons of Extra-Virgin Olive
2. Sauté the onions in a saucepan with minced anchovies and Peperoncino Fiocchi (hot pepper flakes)
3. Sauté the garlic until it begins to brown slightly.
4. Add the white wine and let it come to a simmer.
5. Toss in the tuna and let simmer a few minutes.
6. Add the olives and capers and let simmer for a few more minutes.
7. Add the freshly lemon juice and let simmer for a couple of minutes
8. Add one spoonful of ‘pasta’ water, a dsah of salt and some pepper.
9.before adding the linguine (al dente).
10. Toss in thye fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley before serving.
11. Top with Italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs
The Grape Gourmet
• health • wellness • culture • flavor •