Sausage & Peppers
by James Belardo
Sausage and Peppers can be considered the classic Italian-American hero. You can cook the the sausages whole or cut them up to help them cook faster
3-4 Italian Sausage (w/fennel) Hot or sweet or you can use Barese Sausage to switch it up
1 Red Bell pepper, sliced
1 Green Bell Pepper
2-3 cloves garlic
1/2 onion, sliced
Peperoncino Fiocchi (hot pepper flakes)
Italian Flat-Leaf Parsley
- In a large pan, preheat 3 tbsp olive oil and cook the sausages until browned on all sides
- Toss in onions and the optional Peperoncino Fiocchi (hot pepper flakes), when onions begin to turn transparent, toss in the chopped garlic.
- When the garlic begins to soften, toss in the peppers and let cook until tender
- Salt and pepper (to taste) and then add some chopped parsley to finish it off.
Serve on Italian bread (sub roll or small baguette), rice or pasta!
• health • wellness • culture • flavor •