Roasted Chicken with Pesto
by James Belardo
One of our favorite ways to use Pesto is as a marinade for chicken. It’s perfect for either the BBQ or oven.
2-3 chicken breasts, cutlets (halved)
2-3 tsp Pesto – Basil and Pine Nut (try our recipe)
1/2 lemon, juice
1 tbsp white wine (Pinit Grigio)
onion, cut into slivers
Peperoncino Fiocchi (hot pepper flakes) – optional
1. In a large bowl, mix the lemon juice with the pre-made pesto.
2. Add the tbsp of wine and mix well.
3. Rub chicken with mixture and let marinate for at least 30-minutes.
4. Preheat oven (340F-380F), prep the pan by placing the sliced onions as a bed, drizzle a bit of olive oil on top.
5. Place the chicken in the pan on top of the onions.
6. cook for approximately 30-45 minutes, they should done when the pesto begins to brown.
7. sprinkle the hot pepper flakes on top.
The Grape Gourmet
• health • wellness • culture • flavor •
a Mo’zArt Production