by James Belardo
Italians are a versatile bunch, they love to reuse and re-purpose using what they have to make incredible dishes out of what ever is available. Using leftover Bolognese Tomato Sauce, a few peppers and some rice you can make delicious stuffed peppers… who doesn’t love stuffed peppers? Of course, the secret is to actually have leftover Bolognese Tomato Sauce.
1. Preheat oven tp 350F, Cut tops off peppers and remove internal ribs
2. Mix rice, bolognese tomato sauce and egg in a bowl
3. Stuff peppers with mixture and brush outside of peppers with olive oil
4. Top with breadcrumbs and some olive oil.
5. cook for about 1 hour or until pepper skins begin to blister
The Grape Gourmet
• health • wellness • culture • flavor •