Thai-Influenced Chicken and Vegetables
by James Belardo
Here’s an easy and healthy dish with an Asian inspired flair.
2 chicken breasts (roughly cut into pieces)
1 cup Chicken stock (try our homemade version)
1/2 medium sized onion
2-3 cloves garlic
2 stalks celery
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1 handful snow peas
5 baby bok choy quartered
2 tbsp teriyaki
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup white wine, we use pinot grigio
1 tbsp diced ginger
1/2 lime, juice
1. preheat 2 tbsp of avocado oil combined with 2 tbsp sesame oil and 1 heaping tbsp coconut oil to medium/high. Sauté onions, garlic and hot peppers.
2. When the onions begin to show signs of transparency, add the chicken.
3. When the chicken is cooked on all sides add the chopped carrots and celery.
4. When the carrots and celery begin to soften, add the peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the ginger
6. Add the cup of chicken stock let come to a boil and add the marinade, lower to medium heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add the snow peas and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
8. Add the Boy Choy, cover and let simmer until the bok choy begins to soften.
9. Add the lime juice and let simmer for a final 3-5 minutes
Serve over rice or noodles
The Grape Gourmet
• health • wellness • culture • flavor •
a Mo’zArt Production