Frittata – Zucchini Blossom with Potatoes and Mushrooms
Fritatta – Fiori di Zucchine Con Patate e Funghi
by James Belardo
Served as breakfast, lunch or dinner, this beautiful fritatta will surely make your day.
8-10 Zucchini blossoms
1/2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
2 small potatoes, sliced thinly
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 vidalia onion, sliced thin
Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp buter, unsalted
Peperoncino Fiocchi (hot pepper flakes) – optional
1. Parboil potatoes, drain and set aside.
2. Pre-mix the eggs, milk, herbs, salt and pepper, set aside (don’t mix too vigorously, be gentle).
3. Remove the pistils, receptacles and sepals from the Zucchini blossoms, rinse using cold water, pat dry with paper towels, set aside.
3. Fry the onions in 2 tbsp olive oil.
4. when the onions begin to turn a bit translucent, add the mushrooms and let cook for a few minutes until tender.
5. Add 1 tbsp of butter and the potatoes and cook for a few minutes
6. Add the premixed eggs with herbs
7. chop the blossoms and place on top of cooking frittata
8. Place the cherry tomatoes on top
9. Sprinkle the Pecorino Romano on top
10. Place in oven (on broil) until top is cooked and slightly golden
The Grape Gourmet
• health • wellness • culture • flavor •
a Mo’zArt Production